The world evolves, and with it the ways businesses market their products and or services.
Companies can now advertise their products through TV adverts, email marketing, publishing in newspapers and magazines or even using social media like Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn. The issue is that many people are no longer trusting paid advertisements.
What should I do then? Consider creating authentic content. Being authentic will help you increase your website traffic, rank higher on search engines like Google, and effectively promote you and your company.
Here in this blog, we will explain you why authentic content is important and we will give you some tips on how to create it.
Should I create Authentic Content?
Including authentic content to your marketing strategy will have a positive impact on your company, such as
- Increasing engagement and reach. Making content more readable and relatable will help you increase engagement. In addition, if people enjoy the content, they are more likely to share it with their family and friends. This will help you reach larger audiences.
- Enhancing loyalty. Sincerity will help you improve customer loyalty. Thus, be honest and share the real benefits of your product. If the product matches the customer expectations, chances are they will recommend you or buy from you again.
- Helping you increase your domain authority. High-quality authentic content will help you increase your domain authority, establishing your company as a reliable source.
- Helping you rank higher on search engines. Search engines rank higher and raise those websites that have high-quality information that match customers’ needs.
In addition, a low investment is required. In fact, you can even use your mobile phone to produce, film and edit content. Once you have created the content, make sure you have a plan to put it online, as there is an increasing demand for authentic online content.
Tips to create Authentic Content
As mentioned before, to create authentic content you just need a mobile phone. However, if you want your content to look professional, you may consider hiring a video production company like Impress Video. Our expertise will help you create impactful marketing campaigns.
Regardless of your choice, make sure you follow these tips:
- Avoid self-promotion. Create useful and interesting content for your audience rather than promotional posts. This is key to engage with them.
- Personalise content. Use your experience and your own research to create unique content and avoid copying your competitors. This strategy is especially valuable for blogs.
- Seek social proof. You can share positive reviews about your product and or service as well as customer testimonials. They usually help people in their purchasing decision. In addition, you can also share user-generated content such as reviews, photos or videos of your products.
- Be engaging. Get involved in your industry. Attend events, take part in conferences or even sponsor an event. Being active on social media is not enough.
Nevertheless, as many of you are filming content from home right now via your mobile phones, here you have some of the best practices to create authentic content on your mobile phone.
Here’s a video which clearly outlines the simple processes you can take:
- Lightning. Use the window in front of you and film away from it to avoid being in shadows.
- Sound. Some rooms are a bit echoey. What you can do to avoid the echo is to film in rooms with plenty of chairs, a carpet, curtains, etc.
- Composition. Make sure you get your head and shoulders in the shot clearly. Also, do not look at the screen itself but at the dot on the camera. This will represent you looking straight at the audience.
- Smile. When looking at the camera, consider smiling while you’re talking for a more pleasant shot.
After reading this blog, you may have a better understanding of the importance of authentic content and how to create it. Should you have any doubt, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for reading,