Difference between corporate and promotional videos
Corporate videos and promotional videos are two distinct types of videos that companies can use for commercial purposes. While both aim to promote the company and its products or services, they differ in their goals and intended audience.
A corporate video is designed to provide an overview of the company’s mission, values, and goals. Mainly for investors, stakeholders, and employees. However, a promotional video promotes a specific product or service offered by the company. The target audience for promotional videos is potential customers.
It’s important to use both types of videos concurrently and appropriately to achieve the desired results. For example, a corporate video can be used to build brand awareness and showcase the company’s values, while a promotional video can be used to drive sales of a specific product or service.
However, as there are many different types of situations in which companies can use them, we have prepared this blog in which we will explain the differences between corporate and promotional videos, so you will know which type to employ in future projects. But what is the difference between these two types of videos, and which should I employ for my next project?
What exactly is a corporate video?
Companies use corporate videos to boost a company’s corporate image. As a result, they demonstrate their vision, mission, and fundamental values, which they adhere to in order to manage the firm.
By creating corporate videos, companies can showcase their brand identity and differentiate themselves from their competitors. These videos provide a platform for companies to express their unique value proposition and highlight the key strengths that set them apart in their respective industries.
Who is it for?
Mainly for shareholders, workers, business partners, consumers, investors, bankers, or even governments.
Clients may use it to see what the firm truly does and what they care about, allowing them to form great relationships with the company.
How can you do one?
It can be done in a variety of methods, such as by gathering client testimonials to demonstrate how things truly are. These customers can offer feedback on the company’s product or service.
However, there is another purpose for which businesses may employ corporate video in. And that is training videos. They can instruct a large number of newly hired workers using a pre-recorded video. Thus, there’s no need to explain everything repeatedly each time there is a labour inflow in the company.
As a result, we may conclude that it is not about selling but about projecting a positive image of a product or the entire firm.
Which are the benefits of corporate videos?
Corporate videos offer a wide range of benefits for businesses. Here are some additional benefits:
- Effective communication: Corporate videos are an effective tool for communication within an organisation. They can be used to convey messages about new products, services, company policies, and procedures in a clear and concise way.
- Improved engagement: Video content is more engaging than text-based content. It captures the viewer’s attention and keeps them interested, which can lead to higher engagement rates and better brand recall.
- Increased brand awareness: Corporate videos can help businesses to increase their brand awareness by showcasing their products, services, and values in a visually appealing and engaging way.
- Better SEO: Moreover, videos improve a website’s SEO, which is Search Engine Optimisation. Mainly because search engines tend to prioritise websites with video content. This can lead to higher rankings on search engines, which can ultimately result in increased traffic and sales.
- Cost-effective training: Corporate training videos can be a cost-effective way to train employees as they can be used repeatedly without additional costs. This eliminates the need for hiring trainers, scheduling training sessions, and incurring other related expenses.
- Increased social media engagement: Moreover, corporate videos can be easily shared across multiple platforms. What is more, as social media platforms prioritise video content over text-based content, posting corporate videos on social media can increase engagement and reach with the audience.
- Humanising the brand: Corporate videos can help to humanise a brand by showcasing the people behind the brand, their values, and their story. This can help to build trust and establish a personal connection with the audience.
What is a promotional video?
The difference between corporate videos and promotional videos is that the latter is more focused on the company’s products and services rather than the corporate image. They have advertising objectives such as persuading potential consumers to purchase their products or services.
Promotional videos can take many forms, such as product demonstrations, customer testimonials, and explainer videos. You can use them in marketing campaigns across various channels, including social media, email, and digital advertising.
Who is it for?
Mainly for potential clients, both online and offline, as well as for sales personnel.
How can we do it?
One of the most distinguishing features of promotional videos is their length: brief but efficient. Moreover, they engage the audience by presenting memorable messages about new services or goods in this manner.
Which are the benefits of promotional videos?
Promotional videos offer several benefits for companies looking to increase sales and brand exposure. Here are some of the key advantages of using promotional videos:
- Increased Sales: Promotional videos can be a powerful tool for driving sales. According to studies, 64% of consumers are more likely to purchase a product after watching a video about it. By showcasing your products or services in a video, you can increase the chances of potential customers making a purchase.
- Increased Brand Exposure: Promotional videos can be an effective way to increase brand awareness and exposure. By sharing your videos on social media, you can reach a wider audience and build trust with potential customers. This can help to establish your brand as a leader in your industry and create a positive perception of your company.
- Improved Website Traffic and Engagement: Promotional videos can help to increase website traffic and engagement. By embedding videos on your website, you can create a more engaging user experience and encourage visitors to spend more time on your site. This can also help to improve your search engine rankings and drive more traffic to your site.
- Lower Unsubscribe Rates: you can incorporate them into email marketing campaigns to help lower unsubscribe rates. By including videos in your emails, you can create a more engaging and memorable experience for subscribers, increasing the likelihood that they will remain engaged with your brand.
We wish this blog has given you some valuable insights and taught you how to differentiate between the two terms. Our company, Impress Video, creates high-quality and powerful videos for our clients based on their requirements. Would you want to know if we can meet the needs of your company’s videos? Do not hesitate to contact our professionals. We will be delighted to speak with you.