A testimonial video is a type of customer review where an existing client shares his/her experience with your brand. It is one of the most effective ways for a brand to showcase potential customers their field of expertise and the value of the product or service they provide. Although some companies are heading back to the office now that most COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted, some others are still working from home. These companies that are still working in a homy environment, have had to look for new ways to create testimonial videos. Just in case you are struggling to find new ways to create the content, here are some options for capturing testimonial videos during the pandemic:
Options for capturing testimonial videos during lockdown
- Animate testimonials. Animation removes the need for any social contact as all the staff members involved in the project (including the voice-over artist) can work from home. It is important to note though that the lack of a familiar face could make the video less credible.
- Record a video call. You can schedule a video call with your customer and ask him/her some questions while you record the screen. This is a cheap and suitable way to capture testimonials when people are not in the same room. Most people became familiar with video calling apps like Zoom or Microsoft Teams during the pandemic as it was the only way to keep in touch with family and friends. As a consequence, the video production process may be smooth. However, the quality of the final video may be poor, so consider if it is worth the investment before starting the process.
- Live stream. Alternatively, you can schedule a live stream, invite some of your clients to join and ask them some questions about your product or service while recording it. These recordings usually have a better quality than video calls recordings.
- Send equipment. Another option is to send the equipment needed to the interviewee to record the testimonial from home. The equipment sent could include basic elements like a tripod, a LED light and a small audio recorder, or professional ones such as a high-quality camera or a laptop. The filming process can be guided by a highly-skilled videographer through a Zoom call. Although this may be a time-consuming option, it does guarantee a video of higher quality than a recording.
- Film the interviewee in the place of work. The final option is to send a videographer (and professional equipment) to the interviewee place of work. In this case, the videographer will wear full personal protective equipment and always maintain social distancing. The final video will be produced fast and of high quality.
Why is now a great time to ask for reviews?
The last 12 months have been tough for many companies. A lot of businesses worldwide have seen their revenues decrease while others have had to shut down. Now, everyone wants to support business. Everyone wants them and the overall economy to recover. Do not be shy. Reach out to people you have work for and ask them for a review.
Make sure you create multiple assets from the testimonial
If you produce a testimonial video, create multiple assets from it to maximise the investment. Create a reel with the best answers, transcribe the testimonial, write the story into a case study, or even create social media posts. Be creative and repurpose the content.
By now, you may be aware of the importance of testimonial videos as well as of alternatives to record them. Should you have any doubt about the video services we offer, do not hesitate to get in touch.
Thank you for reading,