Product videos are one of the most effective tools to increase conversions. They help customers better understand your products and services and make confident shopping decisions. However, only well produced and marketed product videos provide return on investment (ROI). To ensure all our clients make the most from their investment, we have decided to write a blog on how to use product videos as a marketing tool.
How to use product videos to promote your business
Producing a product video requires a lot of time and budget. To get the best ROI, make sure you follow these steps:
Add your video to your product page
According to a survey conducted by Animoto, online shoppers are 4 times more likely to watch a product video description than to read a text one. In addition, videos increase time spent in the website which leads to further conversions.
Share the video
Once created, upload your final video to video sharing platforms like YouTube or VIMEO and to social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. Before you upload it, make sure the video fits within the social networks’ best practices.
- On Twitter, keep your video short and sweet. Brevity is key here. You also have the option to pin it at the top of your profile for further exposure.
- On Instagram and Facebook, make sure your video works without sound. Both platforms introduced a silent auto-play strategy some time ago and since then many people watch videos without sound. To do so, you can add text or write informative captions below. In addition, upload videos directly to the platforms and try to grab the customers’ attention in the first seconds. Finally, keep your video short (2-3 minutes max.) for better engagement as most people’s attention spans are short.
- When uploading a video to YouTube and VIMEO, ensure it is informative and engaging. Also, optimise it by writing a short description (60 characters max.) and compelling title, adding at least 5 tags and including a unique description containing the main keyword. This is very important as if well-optimised, the video will not only appear on these platforms but also in other search engines like Google or Bing.
Embed videos in emails
Embed your product video in your next Newsletter or in the body of your daily emails. 3 of the methods you can use are:
- Direct embed (Using HTML5)
- Video Image with link
- GIFs, which are really attractive.
If you embed the product video to your email, make sure you include the word VIDEO to the subject line as it will improve your open rates.
Invest in paid advertising
Once you have produced the video, you don’t need a lot of money to promote it. In fact, video marketing is cost-effective, you just need a smartphone and internet connection to promote your business. However, if you have enough budget, I’ll recommend you to invest in paid advertising as it will help you reach larger audiences, increase brand awareness and raise sales.
Repurpose your content
Finally, repurpose your content, give your video a longer life:
- Extract quotes from the CEO, employees or customers
- Transcript part of the video
- Edit it and create shorter versions
- Produce BTS videos
- Get images from the video
- Update footage
Get creative and create as many social media posts as possible from the final product video.
After reading this blog, you may have a better understanding of how to use product videos for marketing. Should you have any questions or should you be interested in product video production, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for reading,