Making a promotional video can seem straightforward but following best practices is definitely important. Including these key elements could mean the difference between an alright promotional video to a really good one.
The main goal of a promotional video is to grab people’s attention and get them excited. To achieve this, you have to think of the video as a teaser and use fast cuts, dynamic titles, and upbeat music.
A good promotional video focuses on the key messages and objectives at all times, letting the audience be fully immersed in the experience your product and services offers. This is done with an effective storyline. Besides, utilising graphics and text is also key to help viewers focus on what is important for them to remember. Therefore, consider using visual call to actions to instruct viewers on what to do next, either it be a limited time discount offer, subscribing to an email newsletter, or anything else.
Whilst creating a promotional video for your business, you will find yourself looking for alternatives to promote your products or services to avoid being repetitive. A good option is to create multiple versions of different edits.
Steps to Making a Great Promotional Video
Here is the outline of the promotional video production process – how to create a promotional video to convey the right message and attract audiences. You can follow through the key steps to create your effective video.
- Start by defining the key objectives you are trying to achieve from creating the promotional video. A clear and strong objective makes the whole video production process a lot easier for you and your team.
- Tailor the video to your target audience and start to define the key messages you want to get across. This helps attract the right people to watch the video and take away something useful for your target niche.
- Start outlining the research and planning towards the execution of the video, which also becomes part of your video production proposal.
- Start storyboarding and scripting after brainstorming and planning all the key materials. This helps visualise the final video and to see the strength of the message.
- Finally, time to shoot your promo. You can do it yourself using a camera or your smartphone or hire professional videographers. If you do have the budget, we recommend you to seek the help from a professional team, as they have years of experience marketing to all sorts of audiences.
- The final stage is post-production. This is where the editor cuts and puts the videos together as in the storyboard. Great music also needs to be selected to bring your promotional videos’ vision to life.
- Final revision and the video is ready! Time to promote your promotional video and distribute it across various platforms.
After reading this blog you may have a better understanding of the steps you have to follow to create an effective promo video. Should you have any doubt, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Thank you for reading,