Explainer videos are one of the most powerful marketing tools. There are many explainer video types out there, each of them requiring different techniques, resources and amount of time to be produced. Here in this blog, we will show you some of them to help you identify the best explainer video style for your brand.
73% of marketers choose animation over other video styles because animated videos easily grab the audience attention, simply explain complex topics, increase web traffic and therefore, improves SEO and skyrockets conversion rates. Lastly, animated videos allow for personalisation and customisation.
The best Explainer Video type for your brand
As mentioned before, there exist many types of explainer videos. The one you choose for your business will depend mainly on your objective (boosting sales, launching a new product or service, building brand trust, etc.).
Best Explainer Video to launch a new product or service
If you are about to launch a new product or service, we advise you to use any of the following video types.
- 2D animated explainer videos. These videos present the information in a 2-dimensional approach. They are characterised for being appealing, engaging and shareable. Besides, they are affordable and easy to produce.
- 3D animated videos. These videos offer much more freedom and creativity than any other animation style, and can position you as a technologically advanced brand. However, they are difficult to produce, expensive and time-consuming. Consequently, businesses hire video production agencies to create them.
- Live-action + animation. These videos combine live-action videos and animation. They are also quite time-consuming as videos are firstly recorded with a camera and then sent to post-production to add the animated elements. Nonetheless, the result is worth it.
- Screen capture (also called screencast). A screencast is a video recording that shows how a specific product, process, or software works. This video type is very suitable for companies with few resources, as its production requires low investment. There is a tricky point about screencast videos though. Some companies think they can produce screencast videos without professional help. Although the videos seem easy to produce, one should be careful as elements like a bad voiceover, or poor background music can damage a brand’s image.
- Stop motion explainer videos. Here, all the photos capturing the short movements of the product are merged into one film to imitate the real motion of the object. The final videos are very engaging and fun to watch. However, it is important to note that costs are huge, and changes are difficult to make once produced.
Most suitable explainer video to build brand trust
On the contrary, if your main goal is to build brand trust and loyalty, you should use these explainer video types instead:
- Kinetic typographic animation. These videos use typography fonts rather than images to tell a story. They are very suitable for companies that want to highlight certain data or figures. It is important to keep kinetic typographic animations short as nobody is going to read long animated texts (60-90 seconds).
- Infographic videos. Infographic videos are a type of typographic videos, boosted with characters and images. They are really useful to explain key figures and data without being boring too.
Explainer Videos to build brand awareness
Finally, if you want to build brand awareness, you can use the following:
- Live-action. Here, real people get in front of the camera to explain how a product works. Its price will vary greatly depending on locations, casting, equipment, etc. If you use your studio and a simple set-up, costs will be kept to a minimum. However, if you start adding elements like actors or external locations, costs will skyrocket.
- Whiteboard explainer videos. Whiteboard videos are made up of illustrations drawn on a whiteboard or white background. They are cheap and simple and really useful to present complex information in an easy-to-understand way. Lastly, whiteboard videos require voiceover to support the narration.
Note that, all of them (if well-produced) will help you boost sales.
Few things to consider
Before you decide the best explainer video style for your business, make sure you have an answer to the following questions:
- What is my goal?
- Who is my target audience?
- What is the message I want to convey?
- What is my budget?
- When do I need the video?
Besides, if you decide to hire a video production company to produce your explainer video rather than creating it in-house, check their portfolio and testimonials before signing any contract. Make sure you pick the right team to avoid wasting your time and money.
After reading this blog, you may have a better understanding of what is the best explainer video style for your business. Thank you for reading,
Contact Impress Video now
If you would like to do an Animated Video with video production and marketing professionals, or any other type of video, we can help you at Impress Video. We make video production for businesses, the ones that impress. Don’t hesitate to contact us here!