Get ready for your Corporate Video Production
In the dynamic realm of corporate video production, success hinges on meticulous planning, thoughtful strategy, and creative execution. Welcome to our comprehensive guide that explains all the intricacies of producing compelling corporate videos.
Whether you’re a seasoned marketer or a newcomer to the world of video, our 7-step process will empower you to create impactful content that resonates with your audience.
Step 1: Set your goals
The first thing you should do is to figure out: Why do you want that video? What are your aims? If you are thinking about video production because you’re jealous of other companies or to show off your new products to family and friends, stop here. Corporate video production is not for you.
Companies usually invest in corporate video production to:
- Raise brand awareness
- Launch new product or services
- Increase sales
- Provide customer support
- Improve customer engagement
Before diving into the production process, establish clear and SMART goals. Identify why you want a corporate video and align it with objectives such as raising brand awareness, launching products, increasing sales, providing customer support, or improving engagement. Ensure your goals are Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound.
Step 2: Determine who is your target audience
Finding out who is your target audience and what are their interests and behaviours is key when it comes to video production. Otherwise, you won’t be able to create a video that appeals to them.
There are many ways to get the information. Commonly used methods are:
- Conducting informal interviews
- Asking questions to social media followers
- Reading websites like Quora or Reddit
- Sending surveys to your current customers
Step 3: craft a compelling core message
With goals and audience insights in hand, delve into crafting a compelling core message. This isn’t just about what you want to say but how you want your audience to feel and act. The art lies in articulating your message concisely, ensuring it aligns with your goals and connects emotionally with your audience.
STEP 4: Define your holistic video strategy
Moving beyond the basics, delve into a holistic video strategy. Consider various channels to reach your audience, including incorporating Calls-to-Action (CTAs), leveraging social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter, utilizing email campaigns, embedding content strategically, and exploring paid promotions. Ensure that your strategy aligns seamlessly with your budget and deadlines.
- How will you reach your target audience? Some options you can use are:
- Including a CTA at the end of the video (Visit our website, contact us, subscribe to our newsletter…). This will guide them through the process.
- Through social media channels like Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
- Sending out emails
- Writing related content where the video can be embedded and featuring it in other websites
- Through paid promotion
- How are you going to repurpose you video to maximise your ROI? Some of the things you can do are:
- Create shorter versions of your video and upload them to your social media
- Extract images or testimonials from the video
- Embed it to your landing page
- Use the video as part of an internal training program
- What’s your budget? Before you make any other decision, you have to determine how much money you can spend. Here you will also have to decide if you want to produce it in-house or hire a video production company.
- What’s the deadline? Another important think you have to consider is the timeframe. Be aware of the day you have to submit the finished video.
Regardless of your answers, make sure everything you write down is achievable.
Step 5: Develop the creative approach
In this step, the focus shifts to the creative approach. Choose from various formats, including corporate brand videos, explainer videos, client testimonials, or case studies. Dive into the specifics such as the visual style, tone, music, and VoiceOver elements. This step lays the foundation for the unique identity of your corporate video.
STEP 6: Write a script and storyboard for your corporate video
After deciding the type of corporate video you want to produce, you have to write a script and a storyboard. This is an effective way to visualise the shoot before it happens. When scripting and storyboarding consider the following tips:
- Be concise
- Tell a story
- Always keep your audience and message in mind
- Speak directly to the audience
- Include any details about the characters, scenes, lights, angles, etc.
STEP 7: Create a production schedule
Finally, create a production schedule. That is, decide when and where you’ll record the video. You should include information such as:
- Date and time
- Equipment needed
- People involved in the production process
In conclusion, this detailed guide provides a roadmap for mastering corporate video production, from goal-setting to production scheduling. As you embark on this journey, feel free to reach out for any clarifications or guidance. Your willingness to create impactful corporate videos is a step closer to fruition.
Thank you for taking the time to read it,
Contact Impress Video now
If you would like to do a Corporate Video with video production and marketing professionals, or any other type of video, we can help you at Impress Video. We make video productions for businesses, the ones that impress. Don’t hesitate to contact us here!