What are product videos used for?
If you want your company’s products to be relevant, you need to know what are product videos. Many businesses have decided to start making product videos and hire professional product videographers like us to advertise their products.
The global market is unsustainable due to the high supply and low demand imbalance. This is why many companies decide to make amazon product videos for example.
So this makes it hard for businesses to increase their market share and remain relevant. One of the most used advertising methods is to make a product video. But what exactly is a product video? What is its main objective? Keep reading to find the answer to these questions and much more.
What is a product video?
A product video is a video type designed to give information about a product or service. Although most product vids focus on the product’s features and key advantages, other types of product videos describe how the product works and the problems it solves.
Types of product videos
They come in a variety of forms, each of which is appropriate for a certain step of the sales funnel. After having a look at the top product video trends, we can say that the most well-known are:
- Explainer videos. These videos (as the name suggests) explain the product or service to the viewer.
- Product demos. these videos focus on the aspect of the product instead, that’s why they show the product from different angles and, when possible, some of its key features. Like in the video we produced for Flight Knight, which is available in this link below.
- Feature videos. As opposed to product demos, these videos centre on the product’s features. Moreover, they tend to be short and sweet.
- Tutorials. Tutorials are videos that explain to users in detail how a product works. These type of videos about the products are the only ones that are for the post-purchase phase.
- Comparison videos. In these videos, sellers try to persuade viewers to buy a product by comparing it to the competitor’s one.
- Testimonial videos. These are videos of customers who have already purchased and used the product giving it a positive video review.
- FAQs. Finally, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) videos are a compilation of questions that previous buyers and users of the product have asked.
Why do businesses use product videos?
Many businesses do not create these videos because of the investment required, but the truth is that these videos are worth the investment.
On the one hand, product videographies are more engaging than other marketing tools. So this means that the higher the engagement, the higher the exposure and the likelihood to purchase a product or service. Besides, people tend to remember a product better if they learned about it through a video.
On the other hand, they increase brand trust. 58 out of 100 people agree on the fact that only businesses with video can be trusted. In addition, product videos are versatile assets. They can be used across multiple channels including the company’s website, social media channels and paid advertising.
Other benefits provided by these videos
After a long period of producing and making videos of products, we identified some additional benefits:
- Increasing conversion rates. Having a video on a website can increase conversion rates up to 80%.
- Higher click-through rates (CTR): The chances that someone will open an email increase when there is a video embedded in it.
- Rankings boosted. Products videos keep people on your website for longer, so this means the users’ dwell time (or time spent on a website), increases. As it is one of Google’s ranking factors, the higher the time spent by users on your website, the higher the likelihood to rank high on search engines.
- Video is more clickable and shareable than other types of content (e.g. images or text).
- Fewer returns. Videographies provide a more realistic view of the product or service, that’s why consumers will have a better understanding of the product or service. Thus, the total number of returns will decrease.
After reading this blog, you may have a better understanding of why you need to make a product demo video, which product demo video examples are there, and the main reasons why companies use them. Thank you for reading,
Maria & Marta
Contact Impress Video now
Do you want to do a Corporate Video or TV advert? Here at Impress Video, you will be able to do so with video production and marketing professionals. We make video production for businesses, the ones that impress. Don’t hesitate to contact us here!
This blog was published on 25 June 2021, but for understandability and update purposes, it was updated on 9 August 2022.